Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

A little thing I like to call insanity...

Here is a little something that I like to call "Insanity". I started this lovely little lace job while on vacation...a car trip...with 3, yes 3 kids, 17, 13 and 4 and my partner D. I bought this project including the lovely lace needles called "Addies" in Kalispell, MT at "Woolen Collectibles" http://www.woolencollectibles.com/. This is by far, the perfect yarn shop. This shop also houses antiques and handmade chocolates...like I said, the perfect yarn shop. Did I mention that this is lace weight Misty Alpaca? On size 2 lace needles? Did I also mention that I walked out of the store, got in the car and cast-on as we headed to Salt Lake City, UT? Like I said, "Insanity".

The pattern name is "Kiara and it was created by Tammy Eigeman Thompson. I have changed it just a bit. I added one repeat wide and instead of knitting it in one piece I have decided to do it in two halves and then kitchner the halves together so the lace is the proper direction on each end.

This project is 2 skeins of Misty Alpaca and even buying the pattern, needles and four skeins of yarn, I was out of the shop for about $45. I was pretty happy about that.  My step-mother called me this morning.

Always a good time. For some reason, she only calls me when she wants affirmation that the things she is doing is right, or at least that I think they are right. It makes no sense to me. She keeps asking me what I want that was his, my fathers. I don't quite know what I should "want". I mean the man and I haven't I mean hadn't talked in 2 years. He didn't raise me. Infact, one time he actually told me that if he had know that things would turn out the way they did he wouldn't have had any kids.  So what do you say to that?  Oh well, I guess I will figure it out. I hope so any way.
I also found out today that the total charges for his funeral and the hospital bill come to about $13,500. Yeah. I also found out that after making all of her payments my step-mother only has $340 a month for food, gas and essentials. Yeah. Funny, how is it that I aquire debt for a man that didn't raise me?
I have a feeling that there will be dragons in my dreams...                       

No comments:

Post a Comment