Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Couple of Pictures...Ok One Picture


This is a Clapotis that I knit out of Fiesta Ballet in Jamacia Spice colorway. I got this at Hand Held Knitting just off the Square in Fayetteville, AR. This is a great local yarn shop. The owners, Joy and Colleen, are wonderful.

I knit this on size 8 circulars, nothing special, good old Coates and Clarks circulars that I got from the WM.  I was about a year or so behind the wave that went with the Clapotis, but I loved the pattern from the first time that I saw it. I just had to find "the" yarn.

My father passed away on September 5th, suddenly. We hadn't spoken in alittle over 2 years, his choice. He had a massive heart attack while working a wrecker call on I-540 early that morning. I don't know how many times that I called his cell that he didn't answer or return. I am sure that he had his reasons...anyway...after I received the call my family and I went down to my step-mother's house to do what needed done. I took her the Clapotis. I don't know that she will ever use it, for that matter, she may have already thrown it away or given it away. Something, however, said that she needed it. Hopefully it will give her comfort, you know, like being wrapped up in a hug. Comfort for the soul...

I went with her to make the arrangements for his funeral, I still don't know why she wanted me there. I think that D hit it on the head, I was her "knee breaker". Everyone around her was trying to tell her what she wanted and I more or less, in my diplomatic way, told them to leave her alone. That she was doing a fine job and that the decisions that she was making were good ones and I wouldn't change them. I stood behind her, I gave her support in the best way I knew how...Approval and acceptance.

R, my oldest girl, had her birthday and we invited my step-mother and I have invited her to our house a couple of times...we are too out of the way...I made the offer, you know, you can lead a horse to water...

I promise...next time...I'll tell you about my Dragons...

No comments:

Post a Comment