Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012…the ugly…the good

Well, here we are…January 1, 2012…and as promised, I am posting my picture, weight and measurements. It’s ugly…REALLY UGLY…which is why I am doing this. What I am going to do is, on the first of each month, I am going to post a new picture and my measurements. I will post my weight on Sundays. I realize that there are going to be major ups and downs…once again, please any negative comments, keep them to yourself.

Weight:               312.6 lbs.

Neck:                    18 in

Upper Arm:        19.5 in

Wrist:                   7 in

Chest:                   55 in

Waist:                   56 in

Hips:                     58 in

Upper Thigh:     31 in

Calf:                       23.5 in

My plan is to post about exercise, food and the emotion that goes with it…I mean, anyone out there with a weight issue knows that there are emotions involved. I thought for a long time that I wasn’t one of those people. I like to eat, I love food and sweets…well, let’s just say that I LOVE SWEETS!!! That’s what is going to be hard, keeping the sweets under control. Then of course there is soda…I LOVE soda…I will be actively working on reducing the amount of soda that I drink…but yeah, there are a lot of emotions involved in my relationship with food…

I will be getting a pair of running shoes so I can start to walk, to keep the hanging, flappy skin from being so bad. Who am I kidding; I’m almost 41 and 200 lbs. over-weight. There will be flappy skin. My goal for the year is to lose 100 lbs. of the 200 I need to loose. Not really unrealistic. 52 weeks in the year and 2 lbs. more or less a week and I should be able to loose slowly and by the grace of God keep it off.

Yes, 200 lbs. overweight…I am 5’ tall on good days 4’ 11.5’’ others and a small bone structure…

I am going to work on portion size, fewer sweets and less soda; adding more veggies, water, tea, coffee, fish and sea food; reducing processed and adding whole foods and grains. I may even add a vitamin, not sure about that yet. I have a doctor’s appointment on Jan 9, so Dr. approval should not be a problem.

On the exercise front, I plan to start walking, slowly; 10 minutes to start and building up. A Bow Flex came to live in my house this holiday season, so…yeah. We shall see how well that goes.

Please send positive vibes…

Knitting…Last year I “stash-shopped” all year. I bought yarn 2 times and they were small buys. I bought fleece once…not so small a buy, 2 full alpaca fleeces…yeah.

In 2011 as far as I can tell I completed 19 projects. I didn’t think that was much until I got to looking at them. I will do a post in the next couple of days with pictures of finished objects.

In 2012, I plan on stash shopping for the most part. What I really want to accomplish is to finish UFO’s this year. I have a lot of them and want some closure…I feel that this is the best way to do it.

School…I ended last semester with a 3.25 GPA and took 12 hours. This semester, I am taking 18 hours and feel much better prepared for the time and effort that it will take to make it through. I hope that I can maintain my GPA if not raise it up.

Well…here it is the ugly and the good…

Gotta tend the dragons…TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment