Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Keeping Up

Well, school is kicking my butt. I am having a hard time keeping up with all of the course work, but I will get there.  I am happy to report that while I may not really understand why it works, I seem to have the basic how to do it down in algebra. At least so far. Now if I can just get caught up on the homework.

My computer class irritates me because right now it's all stuff I can do anyway. I have hopes of learning new and exciting things in this class though. Accounting Principles, lets just say accounting is not a fast class. I spent 7 hours working on course work for this class on only one chapter. I have an A, but still.

English Comp and Anthropology, I am so far behind on my reading it isn't even funny. I hope to get a dent in the reading this weekend.

Then you add all of this together with taking care of a house, family of 4, cooking, cleaning and doing laundry, well, it isn't pretty. I am not nearly as organized as I need to be or that I would like to be. I hope that I can get that under control soon.

D asked me this morning what was I going to do when I found a job and had to do all of this home work and the house work...I gave him the best answer that I could...

"I'll do it because it has to be done." That's all I knew to say and that's all I know to do...

I really wish just once in my life I could do enough well enough...

I hope that everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. We went camping and had a pretty good time. It was really weird. There wasn't hardly anyone at Mac's Big Rock this weekend.  Maybe 7 other campers. I guess that is a true sign of just how bad the economy is.  We did enjoy lunch at Cotton Eyed Joe's Barbecue. Absolutely awesome BBQ. If you get that way, Noel, MO, stop by. It is worth the trip.

Of course, Labor Day weekend is a bit sad for me too. My father died 2 years ago on Labor Day. I still turn into a 5 year old and would really like to know why he chose everyone else in the world but me. Sadly, I will never know.

While camping I managed to finish my latest Clapotis. It is really pretty and soft. I made it out of Fiesta Ballet yarn, 2 skeins, it is an alpaca/tencel mix. Very soft and it has a nice alpaca halo too it. How do I know it's soft?

R came over with Tomcat and I was playing with him, he is officially 1 month old in this picture, he was fussy and I was going to play peek-a-boo and tossed the Clapotis over him and tried to get it back.  He had actually grabbed the Clapotis and stopped fussing. We laughed and took it away from him, thinking it was just a fluke. He started to fuss and whimper, R gave him a Binky and he still fussed so in the interest of research we put the Clapotis back on him...Once again he dug his little fingers into the knit work and stopped fussing...We laughed about it again and let him keep it. Well this was Tuesday and the ladies of our group have graciously changed our night to Tuesday to accommodate a couple of us that went back to school. They are wonderful people. Tomcat got fussy, in went the Binky to no avail, we gave him the Clapotis...instant grab and quiet...All of the ladies were like, "It's the Clapotis! He has decided it is his!"


It is no longer a shawl...it's a super hero cape...boys don't use shawls...TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment