Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year - New Goals

Well, well, well...

I really can't belive that I haven't blogged since October! I am such a slacker...of course that could be why...more on that later.

Anyway...There is so much going on in my life right now...other than the fact I can't get my laptop to cooperate with me...I have a "0" birthday this year, never a good thing...I'm morbidly obese, I really have issues with a Dr. that weighs approximately 350 lbs telling me to loose weight...and I got fired.

That's right, I got fired...and it kills me. I knew that it was coming...you know how you get a feeling in the pit of your stomache? Yeah, I had had mine for about 6 months...D and I bought a house, 3 blocks from either one of our offices...we moved and a month to the day, my boss or rather ex-boss moved us 30 minutes north. I should have seen it coming...

D's sister has been out of work for 2 years now...I'm terrified...I don't know what to do...I'm stressed...and as selfish and as horrible as it sounds...I'm relieved. D said that it is only natural as the job had been stressing me to the point of breaking for years now, but I feel like I shouldn't feel that way. So many people out of work and unable to find work, and I'm relieved...but I am so SCARED...

The "what if" game has begun in my head and now I can't get it to stop. We are all so stressed and it's my fault...and I don't know when I will get a new job...

Talk about a way to start out the new year...I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

On a different note...I do knit. I did the Echo Flower Shawl, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/echo-flower-shawl, by Jenny Johnson Johnen. It turned out to be a beautiful shawl and my friend J loved it. Purple is her color, and it's silk...I have a thing for silk. The yarn is, Sundara Aran Silky Merino that I received a couple of years ago in a club that I joined, http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/sundara-yarn-aran-silky-merino.

True to form...I knit this...in the car...on vacation...Yes, Virginia, I am insane. Who in their right mind knits lace in the car, on vacation, going across country...literally? Me.
This was my first attempt at nupps and I LOVE NUPPS!!!!!! I cannot think of a reason that I will ever have to knit another bobble...EVER!!! I will make a nupp!!!! They were so much fun to knit.

J loved the shawl and when our group, the Knaughty Knitters, had our Christmas dinner, she wore it and it was lovely on her. I have to say that it pleased me greatly to see her wearing it. It is always nice to see someone wear what you knit for them.

I have been doing other knitting, but I don't have a picture of it yet. I have been knitting a really beautiful lace baby blanket. One of the waitresses where we have dinner on Sundays with D's dad is pregnant and I think it will make her happy.

Also, our group has been talking about doing the Advent Scarf...Yes, we know that Christmas is over. This way, maybe we will all have a lovely new scarf/shawl for next Christmas!

I'm starting the year out...Fat...a "0" birthday looming in the future...and unemployeed...

I am actively looking for work...that's in God's hands...

I can't change the birthday...and after the whipped cream incident with D on his birthday...I am pretty sure that forgetting about it isn't going to happen, I won't leave the house on my birthday...but anyway...

That leaves...FAT. This I can work on and I plan to. There are many changes that I can make...as I look at the bottle of water that sits in the place where my soda would normally sit...and I intend to work on it. We are looking at getting an eliptical machine, I'm told I'll love it, now though...I am sure I will have fun walking around my neighborhood...I need to make a little bag to hang on my arm so I can knit while I walk!!!!

I plan on cooking more...healthier food...better food. I find that the older I am getting the more I think about what is going in my body and the bodies of those I love and I really want to put Premium in and not the whole E-85 ethonal in our tanks...Oh yeah, those who think ethonal is a good idea...look into how much fuel and energy it takes to create it and don't complain about the rising food costs.

I intend to start incorporating more local, sustainable and as organic as finances will allow. More veggie and less over processed white with no nutrition...I'll keep you posted...I did make a really nice chicken primavera risotto that D and the kids ate and liked...so I am hopeful.

I have hopes of blogging more...no promises, but I am going to try. It isn't like anyone reads this anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment