Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Birthday & Control...or lack thereof...

Well, another year has come and gone...my birthday was yesterday. I am an April's Fool and an Aries to the strictest line of the description...While most people do resolutions at New Year's, yeah...did that...I think I lasted 2 days, I have decided that as I get closer to 40, I will use my birthday as my "new year".

I feel very out of control right now..."out of sorts"...I don't know if anyone else has ever felt that way...but I do. I really feel like I am spiraling with no purpose and no destination...and it is making me crazier than I already am...trust me, I have been on the crazy train for some time now.

Homeschooling S is an experience...I have to carve out more time to take with it...I am doing everyone a great disservice by being lax in this. I just don't know where it is going to come from. Hmmm...I tend to be anal about things...more things to try to control...yeah...I hear the dragons rubbing their leathery little wings together...

My weight is out of control. The really stupid thing is...I don't know why. Mindless eating...it's a BAD thing. I would like for this month to try to be more mindful about what I put in my body. Once again, I need to make time for this and I don't know where it is going to come from. I was reading "Body + Soul" about moving toward being a vegetarian...part of this really appeals to me...but I REALLY love a steak.  I asked D about doing a "meatless" day. He said that he was up for it...we'll see how it works out.

I have been knitting...a bit on my Nora Sweater from Interweave Knits. I have the left yoke completed. the white looking yarn marks the pattern repeats and the decreases so when I sew it together I can match them up on both sides. I have the right yoke started and am at about 2 1/2 repeats of eight to get it complete. Slow progress, but it's progress. I am excited about this sweater. It has all of the things a good sweater should be. It's long, swingy and cozy...and God knows I need a new sweater!

I started this sweater on January 16 and I really didn't think it would take this long, but I have been very careful to make any corrections and to fix any problems and to check measurements. I think in the end this will make it easier to put together when finishing time comes. I am giving real thought to starting the blocking process since the pattern calls for you to "wet block" all pieces before seaming.


I have also been working on the EZ Baby Surprise Jacket. I am still really concerned about this project. Everyone says to stay the course and it will work. Everyone says that EZ is a genius. I hope so.

I am glad that I tend to buy too much yarn. I was told by my LYS that 300 yds would do it...the tiny ball at the bottom is what's left of 300yds. I am at the point where you do the "10 ridges", thankfully I have another skein of this.

I can't wait to be done with this project, simply because I really have not enjoyed it as much as I had hoped. I think that the yarn choice has a lot to do with it. The yarn is BlueSky and is organic cotton. It is hard on the hands so I only work on it a few rows at a time while sitting infront of my laptop.

I have really decided that I want to have a Zen household. I really need to find my Zen. I need to find some peace in my life. So if anyone is actually out there reading...please bear with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment