Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Knitting has been happening

Well...radio silence...not necessarily a good thing...not necessarily a bad thing.

Life has been hectic and lets say that the hormone fairie has been in town. I have had crying jags most of the last week. Stupid stuff. I hear a person on tv cry...crying jag. Valentines day and I think about my father...crying jag. I'm at work and someone on the phone is cross...crying jag.  That really sucks. I have a doctors appointment next week so "Hello hormones!"

With the Ravolymics and Yarnharlots Knitting Olympics I started the Clapotis. I have made it before but it took me several months. I would start, frog, start. So far I have managed to get the increase rows.

I was really afraid that I was not going to have enough yarn to do the whole thing, but after weighing the first skein, I actually can add an increase and have plenty to finish.

That makes me happy.

I have also started the "Swirl Shawl". D, the kids and I were in Joplin, Mo at the Needle Niche a couple of weeks ago and we were looking around and D asked me why I didn't do something "simple" like this? He was looking at the store sample of the Swirl Shawl, he's so cute.


I did the first one with no real problem...once I learned to count to 8 and know that K2tog meant 2 and not 3. Yeah...I had a lot of trouble picking up for the second swirl. I kept doing it backward...I don't know how, but backward. The swirl was wrong side out.

They go really quickly and aren't hard. The cast on for me is the worst part. I have six done now, but I have not been working on it a lot. I have been working on the Clapotis and on my Nora Sweater.


I will post about my Nora sweater next time. I have several picture and have the back, the back inset and the fronts almost done...Pretty happy with how it is turning out.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment