Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Breakfast of Champions...or...I REALLY need a job

Bread Pudding with real maple syrup...does a body good! Besides, what is bread pudding but French toast with a better publicist? I mean really, bread, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla...French toast or bread pudding.

It was very tasty and exactly what I needed. We have had major weather the last couple of weeks. I think a total of about 3 ft of snow in an area that we are really doing something to see about 3 inches of snow a year.  Almost 2 weeks of school missed...2 weeks of horrible cabin fever. I am SO ready for spring and  the coming of green!

I have been knitting on "Coming Home" aka Spanish Armada.  I am currently on row 78 of 159, ending chart 4 of 9 and currently, if my calculations are correct, at 368 stitches per round...I am having a ball with this pattern.

This is my 4th lace project and I think that this one is my favorite so far. It is going to be huge and it is going to be beautiful. I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

Of course, there has been other knitting...My friend N made a pair of Duffers and I thought that they were adorable. So, like any rational knitter...I cast on and knit a pair.

I got gauge, I used two strands of worsted weight yarn...then I felted them. Yeah...they are exactly 1/2 in too short...after felting and stretching them within an inch of their felted little life...You have to love the knitting gods...
I'm still looking for work, very depressing. My house is somewhat clean, a good thing...

I have decided that I am going to spin yarn for the Morning Surf Shawl. I am going to do it at least 2 times. The first yarn I am working on is in teal, green and purple. I will spin singles of each color and then ply them to get something of a variegated yarn...at least that is the plan.

For the second one I have an idea that I am working on. I would really like to Navajo ply variegated yarn for this shawl. No waste. The only problem is that I have only solid color roving...but...I have a plan...

TTFN...

No comments:

Post a Comment