Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

You know your fat when...and some knitting.

Let's start with the knitting for the folks out there that could care less about my weight issues.

For 2012 I plan on stash shopping again and I am going to complete UFO's.

Skinner Hat

Fireside Patchwork Afghan
UFO #1 Skinner Hat
It is done with Sundara Yarn I got several years ago in the color "Aurora Borialis". I worry that the color may be too dark to see the lace pattern, but we shall see after blocking. I only have 1 repeat of the pattern and decreases.




UFO #2 The Fireside Patchwork Afghan.
I actually started this in January 2009! I started this during a week long power outage due to an ice storm.  I also discovered that I can't knit if my hands are really cold...I have 3 of 20 blocks completed and got a good start on block 4. Hopefully I will have several finished objects for 2012.



You know your fat when...NONE OF THE SHOES AT ACADEMY WILL FIT!!!!!

We went to Academy to get me some shoes so I can get started walking. I must have tried on 30 pairs of shoes and I have feet that were I not the size I am, could buy shoes in the kids department, but they are so fat and wide that a D width wasn't wide enough. Talk about depressing. I know shopping for clothes is depressing, but shoes?! I mean really!!!

On the exercise front I did get on an elliptical for a bit yesterday, not long 5 or 10 minutes, but hey any exercise is better than none right? I'm still afraid of the bow flex. It's in my crafting room so I have to rearrange some things, but I will make friends with it before the week is out.

As far as food goes, I have done OK I think. I have cut way, way back on soda. I have been drinking coffee, black, in the mornings. If we go out, I have been getting a soda, but the size that comes with the meal at fast food, not up sizing. It may not sound like much, but for me, it's a plus. I usually order the largest size drink that the place had. So I think that it is a good thing.

We ate at Backyard Burger last night and they now have the option to get a side salad instead of fries and that is what I did. It's a really nice side salad too, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes and mushrooms with croutons on the side, I didn't use the croutons and only half of the raspberry vinaigrette that came with it. I also split a burger with my youngest, he was still hungry after the kids burger. I think that I did relatively well, but we will see Sunday morning.

I have been drinking water. I have one of those no sweat, acrylic glasses with a straw that keeps ice, so I really like that.

I am going to make soup today to have some good food choices in the freezer to make it a bit easier. I will do my best to take pictures of it when it's done and post it and the recipe tomorrow.

Gotta tend the dragons...TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment